Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> EAGLES' REST: CB SCOTT, NEW DEAN OF ACADEMIC SUPPORT..

Monday, October 01, 2012

CB SCOTT, NEW DEAN OF ACADEMIC SUPPORT..

..at Brewton Parker College, Mount Vernon, GA.

That's right. My best friend, CB Scott.

It used to be that the definition of mixed emotion (the humorous one) was seeing your mother-in-law drive over a cliff in your new car. Well, for me anyway, that's changed. It's seeing your best friend move off to Georgia to take that position with Brewton Parker.

I am thrilled for him. Over the past 6 years that I've gotten to know CB, we've spent quite a bit of time together, a lot of it simply involving sharing our lives. From coffee in lounges at places like New Orleans (2012 Convention) or Union University (Baptist Unity Conference) or Ridgecrest (Building Bridges Conference), to many, many visits in their dining room after Sunday evening services at Westmont, to the kind of sharing folks do during a long car trip to Louisville or New Orleans or Jackson, we've built up quite a history of getting to know each other.

He's been my Go-To-Guy for several years now, and I've never had a better (non-family) friend in my life. I shall miss those chats ... even though relatively infrequent .. more than I can describe.

Peg has also become really good friends with CB's wife, Karen. All those times I'd visit Westmont on Sunday evening .. FBC Pelham doesn't have Sunday evening worship services .. I'd drop Peg off at their house and she & Karen would visit. They were really good times for both.

PLUS SIDE: I am  thrilled out of my socks for him, and the career facing him now. Certainly pastoring a church on the West side of Birmingham is a high and honorable thing to do, but I'm pretty well acquainted with CB's skill set by now, and I'm positive that he's going to, day-by-day, see the results of his efforts at Brewton Parker, and know in his soul the results those student they're preparing are going to produce when they go forth into a lost and dying world.

Westmont will find another Pastor, I'm sure. But me? I'm not going to find anybody to replace him, most likely.

I'm just glad I got a Prius. 7 gallons each way isn't so bad.

He and Karen are worth that.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, January 11, 2014, Blogger Bob Cleveland said...

Anonymous: no wonder you wished to remain anonymous.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home