Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> EAGLES' REST: Adoption

Friday, August 17, 2012

Adoption

I'm not normally one to "pile on" someone who messes up, but what Pat Robertson said concerning adoption, in yesterday's broadcast, was so outrageous to me, that I cannot help but speak. For those who have not heard of it or seen it, you can see it here.

This is going to be a very simple comment on what Mr. Robertson said. If Jesus and His Heavenly Father held the same attitude toward us folks on earth, there wouldn't be any of us saved, today. We're the most diverse, problem-laden bunch imaginable, and God loved us while we were still sinners.

 I read a blog post from a young lady this morning, who'd adopted into her family, three children from foreign lands. One of the children, still an infant under a year old, is mentally handicapped, yet seeing that child with the other children spoke mightily to the joy she'd brought to their family. And to hear Rev. Robertson speak ill of that rankles me, and makes me wonder how a minister of the gospel, with any understanding of God's unmerited love for us, can cast any aspersions whatsoever on folks who want to love children from other lands in the same manner.

 I don't know, maybe we all have a hand in creating the pseudo-Christian atmosphere that makes this whole religion thing about us and our happiness, and not about the desperate and hopeless condition of mankind apart from Christ. I heard it said a long time ago, and I've never forgotten it: Jesus didn't come to make us happy, He came to make us holy.

 I'm afraid Rev. Robertson didn't show much of that, to me, in yesterday's broadcast.

1 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, August 17, 2012, Anonymous Lee said...

I stopped watching Pat Robertson years ago. He replaced the authority of the scripture with his own opinion when he went on television, and it seems that everything he does is aimed at enhancing his own image, political power, and particularly his checking account. When I hear him say something like this, Deuteronomy 18:22 comes to mind. He is The Presumptuous Prophet.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home