Tuesday, May 22, 2012

To Test or Not to Test?

The pronouncement this week of the "Government Task Force" (have you learned to say "Obamacare" yet?), that men should not be tested for their PSA (Prostate-Specific Antigen) level, is the most outrageous thing I have yet heard from the Obama Government and the consultants they seem to have hired.

And, scarily, trust.

I am a prostate cancer survivor. I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer in April of 2008, and had a prostatectomy in June of that year. The PSA only went down a little thereafter; subsequent tests found an enlarged lymph node close to the original site. That was treated with 39 radiation treatments via Tomotherapy, a form a radiation treatment.

My PSA has been generally zero since then albeit it has crept from 0.01 in December 2010 and December 2011 to 0.05 in April of 2012. We will be following up soon.

Take a look at the following picture. It introduces another note of irony in light of the Government's announcement this week.



The gent with me in the picture up there is Charlie Spicer, arguably the most important earthly man, to me, spiritually, that I've ever known. I refer to him as my first, and most important mentor.

The picture there was taken in July of 2003, on a trip to Indianapolis, in which I'd set aside a day to visit several men who had made specific important contributions in my Spiritual upbringing, over the years. Charlie, Gene Bertolet, and Elwyn Stafford were three that I saw that day.

Charlie was late for our appointment, at his office. He was late because he'd just come from his doctor's office, where he'd been told he had Stage 4 Prostate Cancer.

He died in December, 2005, a bit over two years after the diagnosis.

And this panel of so-called "experts" tells men they shouldn't even be tested any more?

America, be warned: this is where your government is leading you.


Government, be warned. We're going to vote again. Soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home