Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> EAGLES' REST: I Really AM Trying To Quit....

Thursday, April 15, 2010

I Really AM Trying To Quit....

Writing about the Bolens deal, but I just don't seem to be able to.

When last we spoke, I mentioned the extreme foul-up again, and also that I'd written to the chain's headquarters. They sent me the note Monday saying they'd contacted the store, and sure enough, the man I'd originally bought the deal from called me Tuesday afternoon. He apologized for the problems, and said they'd located the right bagger at another store and would have it delivered to me.

Subsequently, the driver called me Wednesday and said he was going to go to the other store today ... Thursday ... and would deliver the bagger to me today.

Yippee. The end is in sight.

Well, not quite. The same man I bought the mower from called again today, and told me that, when the driver got to the other store ... where personnel had "laid hands on the bagger" and were told to hold it for pickup by said driver, today ... the driver was told they had sold it.

The man from the local store here apologized for the delay and said he'd order me a "brand new one" from the factory, and deliver it when it gets here. That'd be a "little over a week".

Now .. we have zoysia grass, which I'm supposed to but REALLY short at the first of the season. I don't think I'm going to make it this year.

Courtesy of one well-known national chain of home improvement stores.

Bummer.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home