Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> EAGLES' REST: It's Gonna Be A Good Day!

Friday, March 05, 2010

It's Gonna Be A Good Day!

Let's see .. I'm a Christian, bound for heaven (when I die), living in a freedom which Embraces the Graces of God, loved by my Lord and Savior, enjoying retirement immensely, teaching a couple of classes at FBC Pelham which bless me enormously, with a lot of friends out there that I wouldn't trade for the world, with a Proverbs 31 wife and two of the finest sons (and daughter-in-laws) the world has ever seen, grandchildren that do me proud every day and especially when I see them serving God at church, and just blessed in life more than I would ever have dreamed possible.

So 3 months ago today, Peg and I went to Hunan Gardens for lunch. That's our favorite Chinese place, and we get a kick out of the "fortune cookies". Usually, Peg says, she gets my fortune and I get hers. Well .. the picture above shows the fortune I got 3 months ago today.

If nothing out-of-the-ordinary happens to me today, that little slip of paper has already come true. And it didn't have anything to do with some guy in the print shop at a Chinese bakery.

It has to do with a Savior who loves me, and likes to do the things He mentioned in His book, Bible.

1 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, March 07, 2010, Blogger Bob Cleveland said...

Seeing as how it's two days later, and I'm still alive, I can testify the fact that the 5th was, indeed, a good day.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home