Quite a Day....
From this week's lesson:
Some basic thoughts about the Easter:
1) This is the basic High Holy Day for Christians.
2) On the Saturday after the crucifixion, it was ALL on the line. Go/No Go. End of story. Or beginning. No other choices.
3) Jesus was dead. Powerless to intervene. Otherwise He would not truly have died. If He could have done anything about it after His death, then death would have not been meaningful.
4) Since He has said He would die, and then return, if He had not been resurrected, He would have been a liar. His role and His importance would have been disproved.
5) Since He DID rise again, and since it was beyond His “bodily power” to do so, then God must have done it.
6) Since God raised Him, then God validated, or verified, all that Jesus had said. And all that had been said about Him, in prior scripture.
7) It is thus the resurrection, which we celebrate today, that gives our religion its power, its certainty, its conviction.
8) Every one of the Apostles to whom Jesus appeared, died for the cause. They would not have done that for a lie.
9) The guards were bribed to tell the “kidnapped body” tale. You bribe people to tell a lie, not the truth. It was plain, thus, to the guards (and the chief priests) that Jesus had risen. It is typical of God that even those with the most to lose, prove God’s plans and His statements.
Yesterday, all those years ago, must have been quite a day .. the day it was all "on the line" .... but Sunday was even better. It's the day God proved it all to be true, since He raised Jesus!
Can I get a "HALLELUJAH"?