Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> EAGLES' REST: OK, So Caption THIS.

Saturday, January 03, 2009

OK, So Caption THIS.



This is our younger son, Brad, Christmas Morning, 1964. We were in Florida, courtesy of my Mom & Dad, who rented a beach house in Hollywood Beach. We stayed there two weeks.

Peg had made those stockings, the kind you hang by the chimney with care when you have a chimney, for each of our kids, and for the two of us. She started that when Brian was a baby, and it became a tradition that still goes on, to this day.

I don't know if Brad was old enough to "want something" for Christmas ... he was about 18 months old then... but if he was, I'm guessing an orange wasn't it.

5 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, January 04, 2009, Blogger Rick said...

"Uh, this isn't a G.I. Joe. I specifically asked for a G.I. Joe"

 
At 5:11 PM, January 07, 2009, Blogger Brad said...

"Nice...a slightly brown orange. Should splat well when it hits their face!"

 
At 5:13 PM, January 07, 2009, Blogger Brad said...

or...
"Sure, Brian gets the hoodie, and I get a rotten orange...for this, he must PAY!"

 
At 4:29 PM, January 08, 2009, Blogger Bob Cleveland said...

And from Aunt Janet, in Indianapolis, comes another one...

"Bradley weighs the pros and cons of "re-gifting".

 
At 12:01 PM, January 14, 2009, Blogger foolery said...

"You see an orange. I see a projectile. Target: Undeterminable."

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home