Why Should The "Good Guys" Win?
Up until now, I haven't posted about this election, but I think I will.
To be "blunt up front", I don't know any reason why God should smile on us by sanctioning the election of a good President with a heart for his people, and the best interests of the USA at heart. Consider what, in my brief (eternally speaking) lifetime, I have seen. In no particular, and probably no logical, order:
- I recall as a teen, seeing Jack Paar leave the Tonight Show, because they censored out a particular story. It was a funny little joke but it involved the use of the term "W.C" ... short for Water Closet ... a British euphemism for a toilet. He couldn't even say "WC" on television!
- As an adult, I've seen .. well .. you KNOW what goes out over public airwaves now, and also what goes out on Cable. Care to tell me how profitable that's been for our nation?
- When I was a kid, we roamed around the neighborhood playing. Other parents .. the moms were all home .. would see to it we didn't get into trouble, and if we did, they'd handle it right then. Then we'd have to face Mom & Dad when we got home.
- Today, look around at the crime picture, particularly among youth. And lest you think of some neglected slum as where that happens, I live less than a block from a home where a teen and two of his friends went ... his Dad's house ... and killed his Dad, Dad's new fiancee, and the fiancee's two pre-teen daughters. Shot them all dead. They said they had reason .. as I recall, Dad's wouldn't let his son use his car.
- In my four years of High School, ONE girl got pregnant. One. And it was her shame, and her family's. She had the baby over the summer break and the child was immediately adopted out. I should also point out that she married, a few years later, and was marvelously healed of the experience.
- Today .. well .. just look around at teen pregnancy .. even in the church .. and draw your own conclusions.
- As a young person, I rarely heard the word "abortion". It was too much of a horrid thought to even speak. And when a medical necessity threatened ... I mean REALLY threatened ... a woman's life, it was acknowledged as a tragedy. That the baby'd have to be aborted.
- Today, the population proudly declares a "woman's right to choose". To choose to MURDER A BABY. Tell me ... how does that differ from the callousness toward life that we see in so many places in the Old Testament, which caused God to, finally, step in and do something about?
- As a young person, I had to ask my brother what the word "homosexual" meant. I think I'd heard it whispered as an insult toward someone; I sure hadn't seen it in print, nor heard it in any public media.
- Nowadays, we have ... well ... you know the marches, the teachings, the Pride, the organizations, etc etc, we see on TV from time to time. Even to those little forms we ask CHILDREN to sign, acknowledging homosexuality as a valid lifestyle. And, need I remind you that THAT particular sin seems to have been the one that brought down Sodom and Gomorrah?
"The oracle that Habakkuk the prophet received: How long, O LORD, must I call for help, but you do not listen? Or cry out to you, "Violence!" but you do not save? Why do you make me look at injustice? Why do you tolerate wrong? Destruction and violence are before me; there is strife, and conflict abounds. Therefore the law is paralyzed, and justice never prevails. The wicked hem in the righteous, so that justice is perverted.
"Look at the nations and watch-- and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told. I am raising up the Babylonians, that ruthless and impetuous people, who sweep across the whole earth to seize dwelling places not their own. They are a feared and dreaded people; they are a law to themselves and promote their own honor. Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk. Their cavalry gallops headlong; their horsemen come from afar. They fly like a vulture swooping to devour; they all come bent on violence. Their hordes advance like a desert wind and gather prisoners like sand. They deride kings and scoff at rulers. They laugh at all fortified cities; they build earthen ramps and capture them. Then they sweep past like the wind and go on-- guilty men, whose own strength is their god." Habakkuk 1:1-11:(NIV)
Yeah .. it did to me, too.
I don't know who our "Babylonians" are, but I can't think of any really good reasons why God doesn't have them warming up in the wings. And it seems to me that this election might just be setting it up. I suppose either Presidential Candidate might represent the entree' into a Babylon-Israel brouhaha. I just don't know....
EXCEPT ... maybe ... just maybe ... the same God who struck a deal, which ultimately failed, with