Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> EAGLES' REST: Go See It.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Go See It.

Peg and I went to see the film "Fireproof" this past Friday. If you haven't, already, I suggest you do.

I think the film reflects a lot of the problem that Christian couples can really stumble and fall ... hard ... on, and it also explains, I think, some of the reasons why really successful marriages are the way they are.

My only beef with the film? They keep referring to "Firemen". Having had one of their profession in my immediate family for almost 30 years, I can tell you one of the explanatory sayings I've heard from their profession:

"FireMEN ride on locomotives;
"FireFIGHTERS ride on Fire Trucks."


Amen.

p.s.: One of these days I'm going to start posting some of my other poems here. Hey .. it's my blog .. and I can cut & paste, which will be greatly appreciated by Dr. C. (for Carpal) Tunnel.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, October 09, 2008, Anonymous Your firefighting son said...

AMEN....
on both seeing the movie and the difference between firemen and firefighters

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home