Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Amazing Grace / Amazing Bass

I DON'T USUALLY DO STUFF LIKE THIS, BUT........

You gotta see this.

I first saw Victor Wooten when he played an amazing solo on TV, with Bela Fleck & The Flecktones, at a Jazz Festival somewhere. I happened to see it, and recorded the various sessions as there was some pretty good jazz going on. Then Fleck came on and I almost stopped the recording, since I like the banjo, Fleck's instrument, but not jazz banjo, which he plays. The song they did there, that day, was "Sinister Minister", and I'm glad I let it record.

I think Wooten's a believer; he's done some praise albums from what can I see online.

Anyway, talk about reaching folks with a gospel song .. a different crowd from what hymnals & pipe organs would reach. I have no idea where this was performed, but check it out & you'll see a remarkable artist play a remarkable solo.

Of a remarkable song.

With a Remarkable Message.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home