Wednesday, August 20, 2008

They've ALL Already Been Born....

...the folks who are in favor of legalized abortion, that is.

I'd say something about skinny people saying fat folks ought to be run out of town, or rich folks criticizing poor ones for poverty, but no such analogy can adequately convey the horror of ripping children out of their mothers' wombs.

And some of the arguments really stun me. "It's my body" ... well, it's the baby's body but you don't seem to care about THAT. "If men had babies, they'd all be pro-choice" ... thank you lady, for your frank expose of how self-serving YOUR thinking is. All that sort of stuff.

I wrote a poem about abortion some years ago. A friend had written one about babies marching through Heaven, singing "Jesus Loves Me, This I Know" ... being the souls of aborted babies. Well, I'm more concerned about the folks who will stand before God and try to justify the whole issue one day, so I started to write a nice little poem called "They Just Didn't Know". But a very dark mood enveloped me as the words came forth and I had to erase the nice name; it wasn't until the last line appeared on my screen that I knew what the title would be.

Twice as I was writing it .. at the office (shhh .. don't tell anyone ... uhhh .. never mind .. the statute of limitations has run...), I saved it and tried to go back to work. But I couldn't; I finally had to sit and finish it before I could do anything else.

It took me 45 minutes to write, but 2 months to memorize. It was almost as if someone else had written it, that's how difficult it was. And, Bart Barber's post about abortion a bit ago has prompted me to cover up another new post with this one. It's time I put what I believe God gave me, nearly 20 years ago, out there for anyone who stops in, to see.

Anyway .. for your (hopefully) edification:



IN DARKNESS SO STILL

The clinics were filling with souls gone astray
As the sadness of badness was having its way
The wealthy, the learned, concerned but with pleasure
Had multiplied misery to heights beyond measure

The masses raised glasses to self and to friends
Concerned with the moment, availing all ends
To serve but themselves, with never a thought
Of the millions of murders, and what they had wrought.

But what of that young one, confused and forlorn ..
Who hears mostly "worldness", shouldn't we warn
That should she die, having salvation received
In heaven she may face that soul she conceived

But killed, by means of abortionists' tools
And thus joined the ranks of those Godless fools
Who elevate mankind and pleasure on earth
At the cost of most everything of heavenly worth

And what of the seemingly intelligent mass
With doctoral credentials and worldly class
Who'll stand before God some day and explain
Why such agony, misery, anguish and pain

Were dealt out in measure unknown by the world
As satan's great plan to destroy us unfurled
And they, in their "wisdom", shed innocent blood
Tearing out children, in that terrible flood....

Who knows what to do and yet does it not
Is guilty of sin ... yet we know that a lot
Of good souls detesting such abomination
Have never submitted to Christ's domination

Else all that we do, and all that we say
Would speak volumes against those events of this day
That cause those who look on this product of woe
To know with a certainty that satan's the foe.

So sadness envelopes us all, without choice
For those who raise not a protesting voice
And all those who face not the fruit of their acts
And doctors who kill despite biblical facts

Will all face a judge asking why, in this life
We did what we did, whether with word or with knife
I know I'll plead Jesus as my only answer
But yet I'm not happy, in the face of the cancer

Of ungodly clinics, and churches that never
Cause comfortable members to be driven to sever
Those clandestine footholds our enemy will hold
In lives that won't do what the Bible has told.

Oh God, may I ask; make me up to the task
As a witness to all, whether they ask
Or silently march to those clinics to kill
Your innocent children ... in darkness so still.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, August 20, 2008, Blogger NativeVermonter said...

No doubt this generation of American Christians will have to give a full and complete rendering of why they didn't stand for the least of these. I liken it to the abolition of slavery. It took way too long to rid our country of that "pecuilar practice."

For the life of me, I simply cannot how understand how a person can come to the conclusion that killing is a right. Shouldn't the opposite hold true?

 
At 10:17 AM, August 21, 2008, Anonymous ~Mad said...

WOW! Well stated!
~Mad(elyn) in Alabama

 
At 10:23 PM, September 23, 2008, Blogger Julie said...

As a woman who has been pregnant 3 times, 2 pregnancies ending in miscarriage, I can tell you that you know what is in your body. For someone to "choose" to end that which is growing is beyond belief to me.

My 2 miscarriages were devastating to my husband and myself. They happened very early in the pregnancy, but there was never any doubt that it was another life in me.

I want to say your poem is beautiful, but I have trouble because of the darkness it reveals in us all as we let this continue.

 
At 10:37 PM, September 23, 2008, Blogger Bob Cleveland said...

Thanks, Julie. Your comment is all the more meaningful to me, in light of your history.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home