Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> EAGLES' REST: Amazing Grace? Indeed. <b>Amazing.</b>

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Amazing Grace? Indeed. Amazing.

Check out this video and then tell me how the theology of the guy doin' the baptizing could possibly change what happened there, in that pool, to the gentleman who was baptized.

A couple months ago, Hank and Eva Johnson joined our church. As you can see, Hank requires a walker to get around, and even then, with difficulty. So, when Hank wanted to be baptized, Brother Mike simply said let's get ourselves up to the YMCA and git'er done.

So they did.

Please pay particular attention to Hank's expression after his immersion, and then look back into your memory at the last few baptisms you witnessed, and then tell me when there's ever been one more meaningful. And more in obedience to the biblical commands. And more evidential that there's more to baptism than just getting wet, or how much of us gets wet.

I fear many baptisms for church membership may fall far short of what they could be, if they're supposed to be real spiritual experiences.



Peg and I both cried when we watched this.

Bet you did, too.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, June 25, 2008, Anonymous annie said...

That was beautiful.
I have seen many baptisms... and his facial expression spoke volumes.
I remember when I was doing prison ministry, we had to jump through many hoops to have the baptistry filled for our group and when it finally happened we had many being baptized. I will never forget the feeling and atmosphere of praising God and rejoicing in the baptism.... rather than the almost mechanical type baptisms I've been witness to before. It is quite an experience. I was raised church of Christ and have converted to AG in the last year or two. Interesting switch huh? :)
Thanks for sharing!

 
At 9:19 AM, June 25, 2008, Anonymous ~Mad said...

One word - STUNNING! I have saved it on my iTouch.

Peace,
~Mad(elyn) in Alabama
www.xanga.com/madewyn

 
At 9:49 AM, June 25, 2008, Blogger Bob Cleveland said...

Annie: Your comment demonstrates why I thank God for all denominations and churches that preach and teach and name Jesus as the source of our salvation. Even if it's fringe element, someone seeking ... truly seeking ... salvation can read and believe John 3:16, and then God's got them and can put them where He wants them.

Madelyn: Thanks. I've emailed you on the other matter.

 
At 7:16 PM, June 25, 2008, Blogger Ken Hearn said...

If that don't light your fire....then your wood's wet!

 
At 1:18 AM, June 26, 2008, Blogger Alan Paul said...

you're right - I cried. But then again, knowing that a person has crossed from death to life and seeing the symbol of them going under and up to a new life usually does get me emotional. He is an awesome, wonderful savior...

 
At 7:23 AM, June 26, 2008, Anonymous Patti Stuart said...

Wow. Thank you so much for sharing. God's love for us is so great, which I find it so hard to comprehend. When watching this video, especially at the end, it just again reminded me how unworthy I am to be a child of God and how much was done for me. Thanks again!

 
At 1:53 PM, July 01, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow Mighty!..thanks for posting this.. its grace ...to be reminded from where I was taken, and how He saved...its grace alone..
yes, we can only cry.

hi to Aunty too!
:)
izzy

 
At 12:57 PM, July 09, 2008, Blogger Romi said...

I came over here from Pioneer Woman's site and saw your beautiful post. How incredibly touching, and yes, I did cry. I am on my own journey in faith these days. I have a feeling you were put in my path for a reason. Thanks, and I'll be coming back for more wisdom. May God Bless You.

 
At 1:46 PM, July 09, 2008, Blogger Bob Cleveland said...

Thanks for looking in and the comment, Romi. My email is on my profile and if there's anything I can do to help in your journey, please drop me a note.

I mean that.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home