Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> EAGLES' REST: Let Me Introduce Another Friend

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Let Me Introduce Another Friend

Meet James Alexander, a member .. along with his wife Mary ... of my Sunday School Class. He's been a real inspiration to me. On a couple of fronts.

One is that he was a believer for only about a year when he started attending, something over a year ago. He and Mary have exhibited a hunger for the Word, and he's shown remarkable growth in that time. I appreciate all my class members, but none more than James.

Some months ago, he talked to me one day after class. He said he'd been estranged from his mother, for a variety of reasons, but he'd come to the realization that he needed to rectify that and take steps to reconcile. And he did just that. He reported that it's been most rewarding and fulfilling for him to do that.

I just love it when one of my class members adjusts their life to conform to the Word.

Then there's the uniform. He'd been a Military MP years ago, and finally decided some months ago that he really ought to get back into that. So he joined the reserves, a unit that was being assigned active duty in Iraq, and it's his intention to stay in when his assignment is up. And he went through a lot of physical training and and discipline to get into that unit, too.

He shipped out for Iraq the 11th.

I know what the Bible says about pride, but doggone it, I'm proud of James. Somehow I feel better knowing that he's one of the guys that's got my back, over in the middle east.

God bless you, James.

3 Comments:

At 12:31 AM, January 17, 2008, Blogger Patriot said...

Came to know of your blog through PW's. Thanks for sharing about James, sounds like a wonderful man!

 
At 3:19 PM, January 17, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

James is a friend of mine in Sunday School. He recently told me he planned to carry only one book with him to Iraq: the Bible.

Simply put, he's one of those guys you know you can always count on.

Godspeed, James.

 
At 11:30 PM, January 17, 2008, Blogger CB Scott said...

May God bless this good man and you, Bob, for telling his story.

cb

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home