Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> EAGLES' REST: Yes, Virginia, This Really IS a Baptist Church

Monday, December 24, 2007

Yes, Virginia, This Really IS a Baptist Church

FBC Pelham celebrated a special Christmas Worship Service entitled "Christmas is Jesus", on December 7th & 8th. It was quite an evening.

Twice.

The concluding number each evening, was "The Revelation Song". There were no house mics to pick up the audience reaction, but I think you'll be able to discern it in the video I've linked to, below.

I've never experienced worship like that in my 25 years in FBC, myself. The leader is Mrs. Paula Kornegay, who is our Interim Worship Leader. Speaking for myself, I hope and pray she will soon become permanent.

Of course, nobody's really permanent ... but this sort of worship will be, if Heaven's what it's cracked up to be.

I could only figure out how to get about 2 minutes uploaded to this thing, but if I figure out how to do the rest, I'll be back. I finally beat my computer into submission and uploaded the whole song to YouTube.

Here's the deal: the song lasted about 4-1/2 minutes and, at the end, the audience was still worshiping and clapping and shouting, so as you'll see, the Worship Leader approached the Pastor and said they were going to sing it again.

And we did. The results speak for themselves. So, click here, turn up the sound, and then worship along with us.

11 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, December 24, 2007, OpenID stepleton3 said...

Greetings Bob, Blessed Christmas to you and yours. Thank you for sharing the clip and I had chills. Would love to see more if the church website offers a link. I served on the Royal Ambassador Camp staff with your pastor at Shocco Springs a long time ago. I want to express our appreciation for your church's worthy goal for Lottie Moon Christmas offering. Sign me as: Always reading and praying. Stan Stepleton, IMB San Salvador, El Salvador

 
At 9:35 AM, December 24, 2007, Anonymous jcusaf said...

Wow, I would like to see the whole video!!

I got "Jesus/Holy Ghost" bumps as soon as I opened up Real Player:-) AWESOME!

I am @ Panera Bread working on my Reseach Paper; I will call you this evening.

Blessings

jc

 
At 2:55 PM, December 24, 2007, Blogger LindaSueBuhl said...

Bob - I am not a fan of the current widespread use of the adjective "awesome" but in a few situations it applies. Hope you can upload more of that video - wonderful worshipful - yeah - that's what it was meant to be.

 
At 10:10 AM, December 26, 2007, Blogger KellyJean said...

That's beautiful Bob!

 
At 10:32 AM, December 26, 2007, Blogger LindaSueBuhl said...

Thank You SOOO much for the entire clip -what a tribute to the King.

 
At 1:55 PM, December 26, 2007, Anonymous Lee said...

Wow. Thanks for sharing that, it was a moment of worship just watching it.

You'd better watch out, giving Baptists a taste of the Holy Spirit like that, they might want (*gasp*) more.

I'm glad your worship leader recognized the Holy Spirit showing up and followed the spirit's leading to continue. I'm glad your pastor recognized it, too. Obviously, the congregation did. Those moments are priceless and I pray that the worship you experience in your church will move up from this point.

 
At 11:51 AM, December 29, 2007, Anonymous marie said...

Beautiful! Holy, Holy, Holy is the LORD God Almighty! Who was, and is, and is to come. Glory to the King!!!

 
At 7:22 PM, January 01, 2008, Blogger KellyJean said...

Happy New Year to you and yours Mr. Bob Cleveland!!!

 
At 9:53 PM, January 06, 2008, Blogger Ken Hearn said...

Thanks Bob for that wonderful video. After I watched it I had to go back and read the title of your post....twice. Now that's the kind of worship I love to be a part of. Reminds me of my church..Oak Mtn Ind.

 
At 8:38 AM, January 07, 2008, Blogger claudia said...

I was in awe of that worship! It moved me to tears, I can't imagine how I would have felt if I had been there in person. Thank you for sharing.

 
At 4:30 AM, January 08, 2008, Anonymous debby said...

*Sigh*. Living in the woods, we have dial up. Watching a two minute video would probably take me 45 minutes. I'll have to take your word for it.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home