Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> EAGLES' REST: I'm a HUGE Fan of the S.B.C.

Saturday, October 06, 2007

I'm a HUGE Fan of the S.B.C.

Yes I am. I think the S.B.C. is the best ever. It's the best ever on several fronts.

A) It's done what it's doing longer than any other entity I know of.

B) It's affected more folks like me than any other similar thing in the world.

C) It's accessible to, and serves well, more of us common folks than any other of which I'm aware.

D) It's undergone a few changes over the years, but none other has really come close to its accomplishments.

E) I've been involved with the S.B.C. for many years, albeit I was bigger a fan of others, initially. Several others, but the S.B.C. has won me over, at least until something better comes along.

F) The S.B.C. has had an impact around the world. Converts abound. But still, I think the biggest impact is here in the USA.

G) Common people, when they benefit therefrom, can still use their own skills and abilities to improve things.

H) The S.B.C. has undoubtedly carried more folks to victory than any other I can think of.

I) There's power, real POWER in the S.B.C. Despite the occasional problem, which is normally corrected when diagnosed, it's still a wonderful source of power. Particularly for those who know how to tap into it.

J) It's extremely flexible and is effective in a wider variety of situations and conditions than most.

K) There's a TON of instructional material readily available.

L) I've been actively and steadily involved for about a year, and it's most rewarding to see one's efforts produce some results.

There's more, but you get the idea. I'm simply a fan, and probably always will be .. unless God points me in another direction.

If you'll check the photo below, you'll see my latest episode of tapping into the power of the S.B.C. It's probably the outstanding example of that, in my life.





p.s: For those of you not familiar with the jargon, S.B.C. is Small Block Chevrolet. A 265-283-302-327-350-400 V8. That's one in my 1989 S10 pickup, in the picture. Edelbrock alumimum heads & manifold, Holley carb, Competition Cams Hi-Energy camshaft with roller-tip rockers, etc. I've been messin' with it about a year and it's about done.

Oh ... wait ... were you thinking of that OTHER SBC?

Uhhh... I like that one, too.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, October 06, 2007, Blogger Kevin Stilley said...

I thought you were talking about the following:

South Birmingham College
St. Bernard's College
Sweet Briar College
San Beda College
Seattle Bible College
Southbank Centre
Sarawak Biodiversity Centre
Sun Belt Conference
St. Bede's College
South Bay Conservatory
SBC Communications
Seattle's Best Coffee
Swiss Bank Corporation
Shanghai Beijing Corporation
Service Bureau Corporation
Satellite Broadcasting Corporation
Seychelles Broadcasting Corporation
Shin-etsu Broadcasting
Singapore Broadcasting Corporation
Sumuroy Broadcasting Corporation
Sorsogon Broadcasting Corporation
Subic Broadcasting Corporation
Samoa Broadcasting Corporation
School of Broadcasting & Communication College for studies in Mass Communication.
Sub-band coding
Server Based Computing
System Basis Chip
Sensotronic Brake Control
Session Border Controller
Smart Bitrate Control
Single-board computer
Small Bore Connection
Sacha Baron Cohen
Sue Bell Cobb
San Bernardino County, California
Standards of Business Conduct
Seacoast Birth Center at Anna Jaques Hospital in Newburyport, Massachusetts
Short Beirut Caps
Suicide by cop
Styrenic Block Copolymers
Street Boulder Contest
Southern Building Code
South Bay Cities
Strawberry Clock
Sandusky Bay Conference
SBC Helldiver
Smokin Bluntz Crew Graffiti crew

 
At 4:03 PM, October 06, 2007, Blogger Bob Cleveland said...

Kevin: They're next, in fact. How'd you guess?

 
At 1:31 PM, October 07, 2007, Blogger Bones said...

For a minute there, I thought I had logged into the Baptist Blogger and was reading a commercial. Good story though.

 
At 4:50 PM, October 07, 2007, Blogger CB Scott said...

Does the truck have DVD?

cb

 
At 5:22 PM, October 07, 2007, Blogger Bob Cleveland said...

DVD? I don't even know how to pronounce that, let alone own one.

 
At 6:21 AM, October 08, 2007, Blogger CharlieMac said...

Bob,

I was agreeing with you for the most part all the way through and in the end you won me over completely.

Through the years at one time or another I have owned automobiles
with each of the engines you listed. (The 400 was in a Pontiac)

Given my continual state of broken-ness moneywise, I put a lot of miles on each. I think 197,000 on a 350 in an El Camino was the highest. I never had to pull a head or a pan on any of them. They even held up through two boy's teenage years.

Mac McFatter
Semmes

 
At 11:31 AM, October 09, 2007, Blogger GuyMuse said...

Simply, a great post. Thanks for sharing this delightful read!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home