Saturday, June 09, 2007

Yup ... I am OUTTA Here Again.....


Off to the SBC Annual Meeting in San Antonio. Looking forward to it bigtime (I guess it'd be tough to look BACK on it before I even go..).

My laptop gets to stay home this time. I'm not going to live blog about it. I've seen Art Rogers and Marty Duren play their laptops (they put me in mind of Yo Yo Ma with his cello, so well do they play), and there's no way I'm gonna try and compete with them. I'll just post my observations afterward.

Peg and I get a treat Sunday morning. We'll be worshiping at Community Bible Church in San Antonio. Ray Jones is the Worship Leader there; Ray's led revival services at our church on several occasions and it'll be good to see him and Andrea again. I don't know if CBC is an SBC church but I figure it's easier to get forgiveness, than permission, from the SBC attendance cops.

More, I think, than ever before, I'm comfortable being out a week from my SS class. I've got fine young men who can step up and teach for me. In fact, I enjoy hearing them teach, myself.

This is a little bit of a stretch, but if anybody reads this and then goes to the convention in San Antonio, how about stopping by the WMU Booth in the display area, and shaking hands with Brett McArdle. He's on staff there, reads the blogs, and would enjoy meeting you.

If you're in San Antonio, and I haven't met you, let's shake hands. Just look for the you-know-what-color hat.

4 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, June 13, 2007, Blogger Brian Hamrick said...

Bob-

What a fantastic response you gave to the issue of church membership/discipline. I thank God for your boldness and carefulness of speech.

I am praying the Lord will continue to move in righting our churches in this long neglected area...

 
At 9:53 AM, June 15, 2007, Blogger CB Scott said...

Bob,

You did a great job.

cb

 
At 12:15 PM, June 15, 2007, Anonymous marie said...

Well, I've been reading everyone else's take on things in SA and can't wait to hear the pink hatted fella's commentary...

Even though I am no longer SB, I still care...

 
At 9:55 PM, June 15, 2007, Blogger Bob Cleveland said...

Brian, CB: thanks so much. I appreciate those kind words.

Marie: It'll be tomorrow but it'll be long. Promise.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home