Sunday, June 18, 2006

NEVER CAN FIND A PIRATE (WHEN YOU NEED ONE)

Except, in this case, we found one. We had to fly to Greensboro NC to do it, but by golly we did it.

The tall handsome pirate in the picture is none other than Mr. Brett McArdle, a member of the Sunday School Class I'm privileged to teach. Brett's on staff at the Women's Missionary Union here, and was at the Convention as an employee thereof.

I never got to the WMU booth, so I have no idea what the theme was, or why it called for a Pirate. But it did, and Brett was the logical choice to be the Guy in The Costume.

Brett made the mistake of telling that to the class, the week before the convention. That, of course, did it. I was alternately bombarded with (A) Advice to act like I didn't know him, and (B) Be sure to get a picture so we could embarrass him further. I chose the latter.

Unfortunately I forgot to print the picture and take it to class this morning. Not wanting to deprive the class of this glorious sight, I told them to check the blog this afternoon.

That's him, in all his glory, trying to hide behind Peg.

Thanks, Brett. You done good. It may not be much in line with your personality, but you got into that one with both feet. Well done.

And yes, my timbers DID shiver.

5 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, June 18, 2006, Blogger Chandra said...

Love the picture Bob! You done us proud!

 
At 5:04 PM, June 19, 2006, Blogger 70 year old Brother in CHRIST said...

BOB,
I thought you were the PIRATE in the picture.
A Brother in CHRIST

 
At 5:58 PM, June 19, 2006, Blogger Bob Cleveland said...

70YOBIC:

Don't I wish. Of course, one might wonder why I was married to a very short senior citizen.

 
At 9:02 AM, June 21, 2006, Anonymous Brett said...

The jacket was amazingly hot, even in an air-conditioned building. I think I sweated through my shirt twice.

I also wore eye-liner (which someone else applied, thanks very much) and let my whiskers grow out for several days. Shaving was fun come Monday night. I could've used a machete.

Someone at the event asked me if I felt foolish wearing the outfit. I told them the longer I stayed away from a mirror, the less I thought about it.

 
At 9:32 AM, June 21, 2006, Blogger Bob Cleveland said...

Brett:

I wasn't going to mention the eye liner, but.........You da' MAN!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home